Many questions arise when thinking of certifications as you have already seen many other people gain certifications which have changed their lives significantly. You might think why do goal-oriented people have a better chance of flourishing in their professional field of expertise. Well, the answer to this question is clear, it is because they know exactly where they want to reach and so they plan out their way accordingly. Setting up a path after deciding the goals isn’t a difficult task. The difficult task is to be dedicated and focused towards your goal, which would push you forward on the path towards fulfilling your goals. It requires clear planning and evergreen motivation to walk ahead on the path. Here, the milestone could be something grand. Here, it is achieving (ISC)2 certificate. It might seem difficult at first, but the thought of getting rewarded with the certificate is a great motivator in itself.
Steps towards achieving the certification:
- Be well versed with all the necessary details before applying the exams. Know the exam registration dates, the policies of the examination and all the testing guidelines.
- Be well versed with examination domains and prepare well for them. For instance, CISSP certification concepts of 8 domains. They are:
- Managing and overlooking of the security provided to assets.
- Engineering of Security measures and Architecting of new structural codes to prevent breaches
- Securing systems from future risks or managing and mitigating risks after they arise.
- Securing the network and providing security to communications so that no data leaks out of the chain or nobody is eavesdropping.
- The Securing operations by well-coded security check-posts
- Testing the system and network security systems and assessing the loopholes.
- Managing of all those who can access any particular information in a company and by checking identities of people requesting to access the database information.
- The providing of security to software development units or teams of the company
To be a certified cybersecurity expert, not only you have to be an expert in all these 8 domains, but also, you’d have to appear for an exam of the same. The examination would be held for duration of 3 hours and would consist of 150 questions in random order, covering all the eight domains. A minimum of 100 marks has to be scored in the examination. Apart from that, you would require a paid work experience of more than four years in two of these eight domains.
- Neither expects too much from the examination as that would be an overestimation of your capabilities nor expect too less, as that would be an underestimation. Be neutral. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. No matter how strong you are with the domains, don’t stop brushing up your skills.
- Plan out strategically and learn to prepare for the exam confidently. Make a proper timetable and try sticking to it. The more disciplined and planned out your actions are, the more likely you are to achieve what you desire. Leading an organized